(formerly known as Kids’ Express Train’s KET Set 1 – Imitation Station and Vocalocomotion) - Geared for ages 18 months to 5 years
The two CDs from Imitation Exploration contain 30 songs that focus on developing imitation and interaction in children at the beginning stages of communication. The vocabulary is simple and repetitive and focuses on words that are common in a child’s world. Although both CDs have the same basic objective of imitation practice, the style is quite different. Some children find it easier to sing than to speak, and vice versa, so some of the songs are sung and others are spoken with rhythm and music in the back-round. Adults and kids sing together on this CD, and the cue, “your turn”, is used frequently to entice imitation. A manual of activities and a CD-ROM of hundreds of printable visuals complete this set. The songs in this set are listed below with the primary goals of each.
This set includes:
1. Two music CDs, Imitation Station and Vocalocomotion, with 30 songs to enhance speech and language skills (including 5 instrumental songs).
2. A 12-page manual with activities and objectives for each song.
3. CD-ROM with:
- 300 song sheets in color and black & white,
- lyrics to all songs,
- a summary of our picture sheets,
- an article, "Makes Me Want to Sing”,
- thematic grouping of all songs,
- and a copy of our manual.
Imitation Exploration 1 Song Names and Primary Goals
Imitation Exploration 2 Song Names and Primary Goals
We do not except American Express Credit Cards